CBIE Workshops are intended to provide thematic discussion forums and opportunities to focus on specific topics. In consonance with the theme of CBIE 2016, it seeks to stimulate the exchange of ideas and experiences among researchers and all interested in promoting "Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Technological and Educational Development". To encourage the discussions and to get the workshops aligned to the conference theme, each workshop is expected to one or more recommendations on how researchers in the field can contribute to the "Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Technological and Educational Development". The recommendations will be forwarded to the general committee of workshops for registration with the Special Committee on Informatics in Education (CEIE/SBC).
Note: The workshops papers will be published in the Proceedings of the CBIE Workshops: http://br-ie.org/pub/index.php/wcbie
Submission and Selection
Workshops proposals must be no longer than 4 (four) pages and should be submitted in Portuguese, English, or Spanish. Each submission must clearly indicate:
- Workshop’s title;
- A brief description of the area of interest of the workshop and its goals;
- Chair’s name, affiliation, and degree;
- A description of the workshop’s target audience, indicating the expected size and duration;
- List of the organizing committee members (names and email);
- A description of the organizers strategy for attracting participants to the workshop.
All proposals should be submitted through JEMS in a pdf file. After disclosure of accepted Workshops, each committee should lead the further steps according to the schedule established by the general committee. Specific rules for paper submission to each workshop and its organization will be defined by its respective organizing committee. The chairs of accepted Workshops must provide a website for the event within two weeks after acceptance.
- Deadline for workshop proposal submissions: May 05, 2016
- Workshops notification of acceptance: May 14, 2016
- Start date for paper submissions: May 21, 2016
- Deadline for paper submissions: August 07, 2016
- Notification of acceptance: August 22, 2016
- Camera-ready version: August 30, 2016